Boxed Cake Cookies!!

It is currently conference weekend, and at home that would typically call for an entire day spent in the kitchen. For breakfast, we do something like cinnamon rolls or German pancakes. Jack would most likely blend up a smoothie for the fam during the first session. When lunch rolls around, a pork roast would be just finishing up in the crock pot with some potatoes to go along with it. Mmm delicious!! Now, we usually don't make it to dinner because of the combination of various treats and desserts we snack on in the afternoon. That is the dilemma I am currently finding myself in. Sunday afternoon, final session of conference and I would love some homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, hot out of the oven right about now. Only problem is, I don't have the equipment necessary to make them here in my cute apartment. Have no fear, I found a solution to my problem!

I hate not having the ingredients handy at all times like I would in NSL. If you know me at all, you would know that I would never settle for a store bought chocolate chip cookie, so trust me when I say it hasn't come to that. Instead, I have found a super simple and delicious alternative way to make homemade cookies. That is... BOXED CAKE COOKIES!

You know the boxes of cake mix you can buy at the story in basically ANY flavor you want? Instead of using that to make the usual cake or cupcakes, you can now tweek the recipe to get delicious, moist cookies. They are the best! My favorite is the devils food cake cookies, although you can try it in any flavor you want! All it takes is one mixing bowl and 4 ingredients! It's so easy, a college kid could do it ;)

Boxed Cake Cookies 
(Devils Food Cake)
What you need:
1.   1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix
2.   2 Large Eggs
3.   1/3 c. Vegetable Oil
4.   1 tsp vanilla 
5.   1 c. Powdered Sugar
6.   OPTIONAL: Health Toffee Bites

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and the eggs. Add in the vegetable oil and combine all together. Add vanilla. I usually like to mix in a little extra something, like chocolate chips or heath toffee chips for additional taste. When it is all combined, roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in a bowl of powdered sugar, coating the entire outside layer. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches from each other and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is just set. Remove from pan and cool until ready to serve. Watch your friends (or yourself) devour and see the cookies disappear!

No comments

Back to Top