Halloween Treats, No Tricks

Late night blogging tonight because I realized I never put up the Halloween treat recipes! They turned out so delicious! So our crossfit gym here in Cedar decided to have a pot luck Halloween party! Everyone was required to dress up and bring their favorite treat! I decided to bring my go to favorite recipe, caramel popcorn! Bailee had work that day, so she left me a box of pumpkin bar mix with a cute note to have me whip those up for the party as well! Needless to say, both desserts turned out delicious! Here are the recipes to try out! 

Caramel Popcorn 
1 cup brown sugar 
1 cup butter 
1 bag marshmallows 
2-3 bags of popcorn

In a sauce pan, melt the butter! Add the brown sugar and heat and mix until incorporated. In the mean time, pop the popcorn! When it's popped, be sure to dekernal it so no one breaks a tooth! Next, on medium heat, add in the bag of marshmallows and stir frequently so the bottom doesn't burn! When everything  melted and mixed, pour the caramel over the popcorn in a large bowl! Fold the caramel gently over all the popcorn! Since it's Halloween, I added reese's pieces for a cute pop of color! 
This is how I dekernaled my popcorn here in my dorm. Typically I use a wire cooking rack, but I didn't have one so I improvised! 

Recipe number two 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars 
Actually just a box mix from Trader Joes
Love that!! 
Just bake as directed on the box! They are so delicious as they come, they need nothing! Unless you add some vanilla ice cream because that is always an option! 
And the party making desserts is complete! Enjoy! 





No comments

Back to Top