Low Fat Alfredo

I love Alfredo pasta sauce, it is one of my all time favs! But, have you seen the calorie count on any good fettuccine Alfredo pasta!? Typically, one plate of fettuccine from a restaurant like Olive Garden or Cheesecake Factory, has over 1500 calories! That's as many calories as some people like to eat in a day! It's an unbelievably high number. But it tastes soooo good! That is why I took it upon myself to find a low calorie, low fat alfredo recipe.

Now, the recipe that I have found gets the job done, and it tastes really good, but mind you that it is no thick, creamy alfredo. They are hardly comparable, but I really enjoyed this recipe and you feel better about yourself for eating it! It's no Olive Garden, but it is definitely tasty!




Low Fat Alfredo
You'll need:
- 12 ounces Noodles of your choice (I used whole wheat organic spaghetti noodles because I had them)
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups Skim Milk
- 1 tbs Butter
- 1 tbs Flour
- 3/4 Parmesan Cheese
Optional: Basil 

Cook the noodles as directed.

In the mean time, boil water and cook your broccoli for about 3 minutes, until soft. Next, use a sauce pan to heat the butter and milk. Bring to a simmer while adding the flour. Stir consistently for 1-2 minutes while the sauce thickens up. Remove from heat and add in the parmesan cheese and 2 tbs basil. Add the noodles to the sauces mixture and the broccoli. Serve hot, add more parmesan cheese. Enjoy! 


No comments

Back to Top