Peanut Butter Something

Well, today was basically the greatest day ever! Want to know why? I'll tell you why! Because, I went to dollar tree and found that they sell baking products! That's right, sugar, corn syrup, crispy cereal, parchment paper, and so much more! ALL FOR A DOLLAR! It is absolutely fantastic! That was my find of the day, which helped make todays dessert easy and affordable. 

Now, I'm sure you're wondering what I made, and why I called it peanut butter something. The answer to that question is simple, because it didn't turn out to be what I was originally making. I started off making peanut butter no bake drop cookies, but, when I quickly realized I didn't buy enough corn syrup, I had to change it up. I substituted the missing corn syrup for melted butter. That worked for a little bit, until it came to adding the crispy cereal. The consistency was off and I couldn't form the mixture into balls. I decided I could still save it by throwing it all into a 9x13 pan, and have them harden into make a peanut butter rice crispy treats. So in a round about way, I made rice crispy treats. That is why it is called peanut butter something. 

The recipe is simple, but I will give it to you my way. 

Start with a large pot. Add 1 cup corn syrup, 1 cup melted butter, 2 cups of white sugar, and 2 tsp of vanilla! Mix frequently and bring to a boil. Watch it carefully so the bottom doesn't burn. Next, mix in 2 cups of peanut butter! Then, remove from heat and add in 8 cups of any rice crispy cereal, I used the off brand from dollar tree and it works great! Once you have evenly coated the cereal with the mixture, it's time to add in the chocolate chips. Give it a quick fold or two, then dish it out into a greased 9x13 pan. Refrigerate and let cool before serving! Then, call up some friends to be the taste testers for your new recipe! Enjoy! 

2 comments

Back to Top