Tilapia!

Okay so I was at my favorite store the other day, Dollar Tree, and I noticed that they have tilapia in the frozen section. I was a little hesitant because it is only a dollar so I was concerned about the quality, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I bought it, and it cooked up beautifully! I really didn't notice too big of a different from the tilapia you can buy at Smiths or Costco. Plus, you can't beat the price. I seasoned mine up with some lemon pepper. 

On a nutrition note, it is adviced that we incorporate fatty fish into our diets at least twice a week, because it gives our bodies the omega 3's that it needs to function properly. Now, tilapia is a fish, but it isn't the best source of omega 3. You would be better off eating fish like tuna, salmon, or sardines. I'm not a big fish eater, so I feel something is better than nothing, in my personal opinion. So, if you do like sea food, try to incorporate 2 meals of fatty fish into your diet twice a week. 

An omega 3 is a polyunsaturated fat that helps to lower your LDL and cholesterol in the blood. There are other ways to get omega 3 into your diet, but the best source is fatty fish. 


I prepared the tilapia as directed on the package, seasoned with lemon pepper. I served it with sweet potato fries from the freezer section at my local grocery store! 

No comments

Back to Top