Caprese Salmon


I actually stole this recipe from my cute roommate Becca. She was making it one night for dinner and I thought it was the most genious idea I've ever seen! She shared her recipe with me and told me I could use it. She makes hers on chicken and on salmon. I've only tried the salmon but it's so good I'm sure both would be great! And it's so quick and easy too! 

Quick note about the basil I used. Apparently in Cedar City, you cannot buy fresh basil leaves. The best I could find was partially dried basil. I'd never heard of it before. Apparently it's still fresh and needs refrigerated but also it's partially dried? I didn't really understand it, but it worked out great! If I were to do it again, which I will, I would find fresh basil leaves. The recipe is so easy! 

Caprese Salmon
2 slices tomato 
2 T fresh basil 
2 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 peice salmon 

Bake salmon according to the directs on the package. With about 5 minutes left on the cooking time, top with cheese, basil and tomatoes until melted. Enjoy! 

*could be really nice with the traditional caprese salad dressing

No comments

Back to Top