Chili Mac

Tonights recipe is entirely made out of laziness, exhaustion, and what was in the fridge. I have been on the go for the past 4 days it feels like and tonight, around 7 o'clock it caught up to me. I was starving, extremely tired, and I just wanted to put my feet up. I had found this recipe earlier in the week and luckily I had everything on hand to make it because it was perfect for my situation.




Chili Mac
1 onion chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 can kidney beans
1 can white kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans vegetable stock
1 T chili powder
1 t garlic
1 t salt
1 t cumin
10 oz elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheese

In a large pot, cook up the onion and the beef until brown. Next, add in the beans, tomatoes, seasonings, and stock and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add in the noodles. Reduce to medium heat and let cook for 12-15 minutes until the noodles have soaked up the liquid and are soft. Next, add the cheese and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.

*I used rice noodles and gluten free stock because of personal reasons. Not necessary just an insider note.

No comments

Back to Top