Angel food cake cookies

Sunday nights are for trial and error recipe making right? Tonight felt like an episode of chopped. My little brother Jack wanted me to make him cookies, I had a little under two hours before I had to get back in the car and drive to cedar, and I had a box of Angel food cake mix and some strawberries to work with. Cake was going to take too long so for me it was simple. Why not make the cake mix into drop cookies, then frost them with whipping cream and a strawberry sauce? Well, that's exactly what I did. 


Angel food cake cookies 
-1 box Angel food cake mix 
-3/4 c of vegetable oil 
-2 eggs 

Mix and combine well in a mixing bowl. 
(Mine wasn't firm enough so I had to add an extra 1/3 c of flour) 

Whipping cream 
1 pint whip cream 
1 c sugar 
1 tsp vanilla 

Beat until whipped


Strawberry sauce 
Diced 15 strawberries 
4 tbs water 
1/2 c sugar 

Bring to a boil over the stove, then let cool slightly before drizzling over top. 



No comments

Back to Top