The Holidays are HERE

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the beginning of my FAVORITE time of year for food. It's the holidays and they are coming quickly! I absolutely love the holidays and all of the holiday cooking that comes along with it! I love the way that the holidays bring people together. Friends, and family and everyone you love tends to become present during these months. I absolutely love it and I believe that that is a huge part of what the purpose of food is. Food is used to bring people together to nourish the body and to bring loved ones near.

Halloween to me, screams chocolate, peanut butter, and of course Halloween candy. The recipes include fall favorites such as sweet potatoes and peaches! Peanut butter, and chocolate and even a little bit of oreo. That to me, is what Halloween is made of. The sweet combination of scary good desserts and over load of candy supplies for the upcoming months ahead.

Thanksgiving comes right along next with a full feast with a little something for everyone. Last year on my blog, I created and hosted an entire Thanksgiving dinner in my apartment in Cedar City, UT with all of my friends. It was an absolute blast. If you want to check out that post, head on over to the search bar and type in "Thanksgiving" to see and use those recipes! If you know me, I love potatoes. Mashed potatoes are my favorite food easily. During Thanksgiving, you have the turkey and the gravy, with the rolls and the green bean casserole, the mashed potatoes, the stuffing, and the best part, the pie table. Yes, I did intentionally say pie table because you can't just have one pie. You need the sweet, and the savory, and the tart and the cream based pies.

Then. there is Christmas. If you don't love Christmas cooking then I don't know what else there is to love. Christmas is the happiest time of the year, full of fun and friends and treats and gifts and service. There is a Christmas ham, potatoes, peppermint bark, truffles, hot chocolate, candy canes, popcorn and oh so much more. And the cookies! It amazes me how many cookies there are around Christmas time. You've got the gingerbread cookies, and sugar cookies, and the shaped cookies, and the chocolate cookies, and the snickerdoodle cookies and the brownie cookies. After many years of trial and error, I have personally found and confirmed that Santa, will eat any cookie. Any cookie.

Obviously I am getting very excited about the holidays this year! Halloween, was a success! Brandon and I were a Greek God and Goddess and I made my pomegranate fruit salad for the annual family party. There are more great recipes to look forward to this upcoming season and I can't wait to share them with you!



HAPPY HOLIDAYS 

From My Own Meal Plan to YOU!


2 comments

  1. Sounds like you are excited for the holidays . Great writing.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top