Pesto Chicken Flatbread



This year for the Super Bowl, Brandon and I hosted a party at our house. It was a last minute party and we had both been busy that weekend Brandon was in St George and I was at BYBC for 2 days so we had hardly any food at home. We were throwing this party together, so I had to think of something to make and share that would be easy to throw together. Standing in Smiths at 10 o'clock at night, it came to me that I had just had a pesto chicken flat bread from Blue Lemon at lunch that day. I figured I could recreate that recipe and make it semi-homemade and I bet it would be delicious!
I already had chicken breasts at home, pesto sauce from Costco, so the only purchases it required of me was to get some mozzarella cheese and pizza crust. I bought those items that I needed from smiths, along with some chips (Doritos because Brandon said you can't have a Super Bowl party without cool ranch Doritos) some salsa, tortilla chips, my Game Day Guac, a veggie tray, and some chocolate chip cookies.

The flatbread turned out to be a hit! I don't love using store bought dough in recipes and normally I probably wouldn't, but in my rushed time and for convenience purposes I had to, and it wasn't too bad. I got many compliments from our guests and this is definitely a recipe I would make again!




Pesto Chicken Flatbread
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tube Pizza Crust Dough
1 cup Pesto sauce
2 cups Mozzarella
1 teaspoon Oregano 
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to season chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350. Season chicken breasts with oregano, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes. Once finished, remove from oven and place in electronic mixing bowl with whisk attachments, and turn on medium speed to shred the chicken. (I use my Kitchenaid) 

Heat oven up to 425. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet and roll out to rectangle shape. Brush with olive oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and top with pesto sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, and oregano. Place back into oven for 5-7 more minutes or until cheese is melty and bubbly. Serve hot! 

-Great dipping options are ranch, classic pizza sauce, and blue cheese. 
-Optional topping: Tomatoes. At Blue Lemon they top theirs with tomato slices.



No comments

Back to Top