UMP Protein Pancakes






Does anyone else absolutely love a good fluffy, light pancake? Because that is my WEAKNESS! Anyone who knows me, knows that I love pancakes and breakfast food and that it is my most favorite meal of the day. I love syrup almost as much as Buddy the Elf does! My problem with eating breakfast food is how unhealthy the things that I love are. When I am eating pancakes, all I can think about is how heavy in carbs they are and that I will be hungry in a few short hours. That is why I wanted to create a recipe for a healthier solution for pancakes.
They are super filling for about an hour, and the only thing they are providing you with is a heaping serving of carbohydrates and sugars. Unless you're cooking bacon, sausage, or eggs to have on the side, your pancakes will not have enough energy dense ingredients to keep you filling full throughout the day.





And that is where the protein pancakes were born! These pancakes are made with 4 simple ingredients, oats, egg whites, UMP protein powder, and cinnamon. No flour, no added sugars, and no processed baking mix go into the making of this product. This is what I like to call, clean eating! The eggs and protein power are a great source of protein, and protein works as an energy dense food causing you to stay full for a longer period of time. The oats are giving you one full serving of carbohydrates, which also help to fuel your body and give you energy. But, the most magical mystery ingredient in these pancakes is the cinnamon. Cinnamon is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other health benefits. Cinnamon also has been shown to mimic sweetness, which allows you to cut back on sugar. Using cinnamon over sugar to sweeten your foods is a healthier and more natural way to cut back on sugar while added a sweeter flavor.




The protein powder I use in this recipe is my favorite protein, UMP (ultimate muscle protein). You can get yourself some right here through the link below!!














UMP Protein Pancakes
Makes 1 Serving, 2 large pancakes

1/2 cup quick or old fashion oats
1 scoop UMP vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon cinnamon 

Cook oats, with just enough water to immerse the oats in microwave for 1 minute. Add protein and cinnamon and stir, then add egg white substitute (or you must measure out 1/2 cup, about 3 egg whites). Make sure to spray frying pan well so they do not stick. Cook on stove top on low heat, cover, and flip once. 
Serve with sugar free syrup, jam, or jelly. 



No comments

Back to Top