Instant Pot Spanish Rice





Hey Friends! Quick post today because as promised, I want to share with you my Instapot Spanish rice recipe I posted on my Instagram story yesterday! I threw this recipe together in the spirit of Cinco De Mayo and absolutely loved how it turned out! I would recommend this recipe and will definitely be making it again! I chose to make it in my Instapot because it cooks rice so evenly and so quick!




This weekend, I am staying at my parents house tending my younger brothers while my parents are on a weekend get away for their anniversary! My younger brother Ryan, asked me Friday night if I would make him and his four friends lunch, because they all rotate meals at each house and it was our day! I said of course I would and started deciding what to make four hungry that only have about 15 minutes to eat before they have to go back to school. Then, I dawned on me that it was Cinco De Mayo! I decided on making them a "Fiesta Friday" with flautas, burritos or nachos made with ground beef, my Mexican Corn Salad, and Spanish rice. It was build your own style so the boys could make whatever they wanted!


This is one of my favorite things in my kitchen! You can purchase your own to add to your kitchen by clicking the image below!!






The Fiesta Friday lunch was a hit! They boys left completely stuffed and satisfied! I shared with you my favorite Mexican Corn Salad recipe on Instagram yesterday that I absolutely love! That was a hit among the four friends! They also loved the Spanish rice! Spanish rice really is simple to make and it is so delicious! Keep in mind I developed this recipe making it for 4 hungry high school boys, so you can reduce the recipe to however much you need!



Here are the exact brands I used that I loved!







Instapot Spanish Rice
Serves 6-8 people

3 cups basmati rice (white or brown)
3 cups water
1 10 oz can Original Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (drained)
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt & pepper

Place all the ingredients in Instapot. Mix well!

For brown rice, which I like, use the manual setting. Reduce the time from 30 down to 25 using the minus button. Place the valve in the seal position and let the cooker do its thing! Let rest for 10 minutes before releasing pressure manually. Stir, fluff with a fork and serve!

For white rice, you can use the rice button right on the cooker. It is programed to white rice and it will adjust the pressure automatically to how much rice is in the pot. Let rest for 10 minutes, then stir and fluff with a fork and serve!



Want to save this recipe for later? Make it easy by pinning it to Pinterest HERE





Want to share this recipe with a friend? Make it easy by using the share buttons below!

No comments

Back to Top